We became a FAMILY 5/10/10!!!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh, How He is Growing...

Kai is blossoming by leaps and bounds each day. Here are a couple of things he has been doing in the last few days:
~ He expresses himself very clearly when he doesn't want to do something i.e. Kai doesn't like the feel of grass and immediately and repeatedly signs "All Done" to tell me that nature isn't his thing and that we should return indoors as quickly as possible. What a cutie. Too bad I don't listen to him. Mean old Mommy and Daddy keep him outside and he eventually lets his guard down enough to have fun.
When I looked into the rear view a couple days ago, I smiled as I realized that he had been signing "More," telling me that he wanted a Cheerio. :)
~Kai is feeding himself very well with a spoon.
~In the evening, Kai has been falling asleep within minutes of being out down and sleeps throughout the night.
~On Wednesday Kai began taking his first independent steps. His dad and I sit opposite one another as he teeters back and forth. Tonight we sat about 3 feet apart and watched a very proud baby grin from ear to ear as he met this new challenge (in the grass no less)!
~While outside earlier in the day Kai bent over and picked up a ball, stood up (unassisted), and stood for a full 2 seconds before landing on his bottom. I don't think he realized he wasn't being held up.
~Kai used clay and crayons today and didn't eat them once.
~Kai had another playdate with his friend Delia on Wed. and had a lot of fun in the sandbox and scooting around the house, exploring her toys and following her lead from room to room.
I know I am pretty biased, but my kid is the smartest, cutest, silliest, and most lovable little boy in the world!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Kai is adorable. The character breakfast is at the Hilltop in Saugus. Have a wonderful summer with your son!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these updates! We love you Kai!

    Susan and Richie

    ReplyDelete