We became a FAMILY 5/10/10!!!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Furniture....Check!

I have tackled a job that I have been putting off for a long time...I have finally painted the furniture that will become part of the baby's nursery. The pieces have been in the family for a long time and have a bit of nostalgia associated with them. They are in really great condition, but were in dire need of a face lift. I'm relieved that I finally got around to doing it.

I guess I was on a bit of a baby kick this past weekend, because I also did some browsing around at Baby's R Us. That is not an adventure for the faint of heart! As it is, I am usually overwhelmed by the enormity of the store when I am shopping for a baby shower gift. It is quite the challenge to decipher and evaluate the "bells and whistles" of product A to those of product B. I found myself becoming completely obsessed with safety standards and durability, developmental longevity of each item and practicality. I couldn't even get myself to focus on the more cosmetic choices like color and pattern. I am going to start my research by seeking the advice of parents with first hand knowledge and online product comparisons for now - it will be a lot easier to tackle those aisles once I have little more direction.

As far as the 100 Good Wishes Quilt is concerned, I think I may post a "goal date" for anyone interested in contributing fabric squares. It will help all the procrastinators (like me) to select a fabric and send it over. I have asked my mom and Rob's mom to join me in the quilting fun! I know they are excited to get started, but we can't really plan out how the squares will be arranged until we see how many we are working with and what they look like. Thank you to all of you who have expressed an interest in helping out. Also, in case my general instructions were too vague, I did post an additional link with examples of what other people have created. Feel free to leave me a message in the "comment section" if you need further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment