We became a FAMILY 5/10/10!!!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Keep'n Busy



I can't believe how quickly the weeks have been consumed by preparations for Kai. We've been adding some finishing touches to his room these days. Although his room was already largely "ready," Rob and I have been finishing closet floors, doors, and trim work. It has also been a bit of a chore cleaning out the spare room...COUGH... dumping grounds, to open it up as a playroom. I can't wait to get it all done and put back together. I am just going to squeal with giddiness when all Kai's "stuff" is in place. His room is a physical reminder of our waiting and planning; it is representative of our waiting process for him...not quite there yet, but close.
As usual, I put up our Christmas tree on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I considered skipping it this year, figured I could justify being too busy to bother, but that feeling lasted about two seconds. I can't help it. I LOVE this time of year. I have never given a hoot about getting gifts, I just love the energy of the season. I will never outgrow the nostalgia of "It's A Wonderful Life" or Charlie Brown's Christmas. Starting in November, the Christmas carols play nonstop and the tree is always lit. The extra time with family members, the shared memories of Christmas's past, the promise of a New Year, there's nothing like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment