We became a FAMILY 5/10/10!!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Stripes, Stripes, Stripes

The other day I just had to grab my camera when I saw Kai's little ensemble. He chose a blue striped sweatshirt to go over his orange striped t-shirt. He was waving the American flag around to boot. That's a LOT of stripes!!!

Kai was letting Mommy know that Dada's motorcycle is too loud. We had to rescue Dad 5 minutes later when he realized that he drove to the gas station on a near empty tank and forgot his wallet to pay for the fill up.

We attended an informational meeting at our adoption agency over the weekend. Kai and I went to see if we could be of any help to families considering special needs/waiting child adoption. Kai did really well. He made a few new buddies and stayed relatively quite. I was holding my breathe after a few tough teething days. Little did I know that it was only a brief reprieve before the REAL teething issues erupted. Today was much, much better for the little one. It was nice to see a happy boy again.
On Friday we have a lengthy afternoon at Children's Hospital to meet with our Cleft Team. (This was rescheduled from our original meeting last month). Kai's short and long term cleft/speech/orthodontic needs will be assessed and we will have a better picture of what will come down the road. Kai's next (and hopefully last for a while) procedure will be on June 15th to revise his hard palate. I'll keep you posted on what we learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment